Matthew Robert Tinari
I have been fascinated with the creative arts since I was able to hold a crayon. To be able to work as an artist, in games no less, these past 11 years has been a dream come true. Creating art is not work, it is a passion.
Contract Freelance 3D Artist, Seattle, WA, April 2015 to Present
- Worked with Uber Entertainment on multiple projects including 2 unannounced VR Sony Morpheus projects and a Planetary Annihilation expansion.
Lead Environment Artist, Runic Games, Seattle, WA, May 2010 to 2015
- Responsible for setting the bar for quality on environment art within our intellectual properties during the pre-production phase through the end of production.
- Responsible for working with the art director, level designers, animators, and environment artists to ensure that the vision for the game was being upheld while I also worked full time on entire tile sets and assets for Torchlight 2.
- Worked closely with outsource artists in China to ensure the outsourced art maintained the look and aesthetic set forth by myself and the Art Director.
Senior Environment Artist, EA Mythic, Fairfax, VA, April 2007 to May 2010
- Responsible for setting the bar for quality on environment art within our intellectual properties during the pre-production phase.
- Responsible for creating the initial color palette and base textures during pre-production for other artists on my team to pull from.
- Responsible for managing, critiquing, training, and delivering all environment and items art through EA's Shanghai studio. Responsible for roughly 10-20 artists in China all working simultaneously.
Environment Artist, EA Mythic, Fairfax, VA, April 2005 to May 2007
- Responsible for creating environment assets inside of 3dsMax and hand painting textures in Photoshop to match an existing style laid down by the AD.
- Created assets for Dark Age of Camelot, Imperator, and Warhammer Online.
Environment Artist, Liquid Development, May 2004 to May 2005
- Worked on multiple titles spanning multiple game genres including Cryptic's MMO, City of Villains.
- Created environment assets in 3DsMax and hand painted textures in Photoshop.
Bachelors, Graphic Design, Game Art
- Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA, 2004, Major Graphic Design, Minor Art History & Game Design
- Low-poly and high-poly modeling in 3dsMax.
- Sculpting high-res meshes in ZBrush.
- PBR texturing workflow.
- Creating a high quality game art asset from concept to model to texture to implementation.
- Hand painting last-gen textures from scratch in Photoshop to baking out current-gen textures from external modeling and sculpting apps.
- Born leader with a passion for art and games.
3ds Max - Photoshop - Zbrush - Quixel nDo/dDo - Substance Designer/Painter